I am now in my third season at US Triestina, having secured back to back Serie C and B titles.
However, one area that I have overlooked up to this point is the youth setup. Given that the club has a relatively low stature in Italy and is not awash with money, it would make sense to put a youth structure in place to boost the first team squad and secondly, to provide an additional income stream for those not quite good enough to make the grade. In this post I will:
- Look at the current youth setup in terms of facilities, coaching and recruitment
- Review the coaching staff
- Review the standard of U20 and U18 squads
- Highlight a group of players to nurture and develop over time
- Assess suitable training plans for this group of players