Around every October, FM fanatics turn their thoughts to their next FM save, with the new game just around the corner. I had always fancied the idea of turning a minnow into a European superpower; on previous versions I had a very enjoyable save in Germany with Bayer Leverkusen and in the UK, with Oxford United. I gave some thought to managing overseas and settled for a career in lowly Serie C in Italy. I prefer to begin as an unknown manager in the lower leagues, working my way up and building a reputation.
With the new installment of Football Manager, everybody wants to become the best manager of all time. That will naturally take time in game and requires lots of effort from players. These guides will help you to accelerate this process whilst we do the leg-work for you and give you the best tips for 2019.
These guides on Youth Development will cover all areas of the game regarding producing young players. I plan to make a few of these articles as covering all the information in one article might be a bit overwhelming! I plan to make guides on the following topics and will link them as I complete them:
- Introduction: Regens/Newgens and Youth Ratings for top Countries and Clubs.
LINK TO THAT ARTICLE: Football Manager 2019 Guides | Youth Development
- Scouting: Youth Intakes, What to look for in young players and how to sign them.
- Facilities: How to improve your facilities to maximize your youth academy.
- Development: How to grow and develop young talent and knowing when to offload.
This sounds like a bold plan full of radical ideas. Please let me assure you that it isn’t. Coming up with your own plan for training in FM19 is rewarding, if you put all the options into context. To help yourself, try to incorporate the three main aims: developing, motivating and conditioning your players correctly. Continue reading
This article is slightly different, its not a guide or a save, but an experiment. I’ve done this a few times and had varying success but I’m trying it again this year. The basis of the experiment is:
- Every team in the Premier League and Championship is given a 50 year transfer embargo
- I will view do progress updates at 10/25/50 years
- I will look at the English Leagues, National team, European Competitions and then any other big news in the world.
- I will make the save playable from every point I do an article for.
So after the first season, here are the standings from the top 4 leagues:
Also in the first season:
- Arsenal won the Europa League
- Liverpool and Chelsea won the FA Cup and Carabao Cup respectively
Now lets do a little simulating… and see whats changed!